Posted on | January 29, 2010 | No Comments
So I was talking about The Web Farm the other day to a friend and the conversation went a little something like this:
Friend: “So the next time I need a website for something, I can come to you guys to design it, right?”
Me: “Well, not exactly…”
Friend: “What do you mean, you’re a web design firm. Right?”
Me: “Actually, no. We’re not.”
Friend: “Well, what exactly do you do, then?”
Excellent question. At The Web Farm, our approach to the web and the online world is a little different. Our professional background is in web design, content and implementation, yes, but there are many tools that are just as important and we want people to learn what they are and how to use them.
We are consultants and instructors that teach the tools of online marketing, branding and strategy: the secret formula that turns a good-looking website into a powerful tool to convey your organization’s message and turn visitors into true supporters of your brand and mission.
The online world is pretty competitive these days. It takes more than an attractive website to get people’s attention – and to keep it. Large companies and organizations like Amazon, Zappos, and others use sophisticated marketing and design tools and spend loads of money to optimize their web presence and stay on top of the online game. We teach you those tools at a fraction of the cost and then hand over the keys.
Some of these tools include:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Analytics
- Usability Testing
- Social Media Strategy
So you have no clue what any of this stuff is and why it would be beneficial to you. That’s OK, that’s why The Web Farm is for!
There’s no shortage of creative and talented web designers and programmers out there that can make your website look and run great. Our job is to assist them – and you – in creating a website that not only looks great but also will convey your message/mission to your audience in an effective and irresistible way. How do we do this?
- We offer a range of consulting packages where we can help you with your social media strategy, analytics, search engine optimization, content development and user testing. Take a look >
- We’ll have some after-work and weekend workshops on a variety of topics, to get you up to speed on what you need to know. More of those coming soon >
- We also speak at conferences, too. All across the U.S.
So call The Web Farm when:
- Your company is considering a website redesign but don’t know where to start.
- You have this thing called Google Analytics installed somewhere on your site but have no idea how to use it or what it does.
- You have a great looking website or great content but you want more people to see it/use it.
- You want to get started with social media but aren’t sure how it works or why it would be beneficial at all.
We’re here to help, so contact us if you want to learn more.